Wednesday, October 5, 2011

October Book Club

All are welcome.

October 19            6:30 PM         A Stolen Life: A Memoir, by Jaycee Dugard


In the summer of 1991 I was a normal kid. I did normal things. I had friends and a mother who loved me. I was just like you. Until the day my life was stolen. For eighteen years I was a prisoner. I was an object for someone to use and abuse.
For eighteen years I was not allowed to speak my own name. I became a mother and was forced to be a sister. For eighteen years I survived an impossible situation.
On August 26, 2009, I took my name back. My name is Jaycee Lee Dugard. I don’t think of myself as a victim. I survived.
A Stolen Life is my story—in my own words, in my own way, exactly as I remember it.

1 comment:

Brasil said...

Jaycee Dugard tells her story of the most miraculous and cruelest event in her life, 18 years she was kidnapped and this memoir will always stay true to my heart. This has changed my life and helped me to see the healing process and the love and strength Jaycee and her entire family possesed. I wish I could thank Jaycee for this, but I just hope that you read this! You will learn some of the most important things!